Thursday, March 21, 2019

Finally Writing...

I have been holding off writing this for a few weeks. I decided to start this blog because one night I had insomnia, and I obsessed over how much I used to love Livejournal. Remember Livejournal? I like Tumblr a lot but; I wanted a space to write in and put my thoughts out into the universe. So after a period of weeks I am finally writing something here.

I am a girl, I have a husband I love so much...and I am a crazy cat lady. I have five cats: Ivan (black 14), Dick Sargent (tabby 10), Loki (black 7), Lillian Gish (tuxedo 6), and the baby Mozart (black 1.5). My husband and I met in high school, we have been married three years this autumn. My husband is a software engineer. I have two sisters who are married, and they each have one child, a boy and a girl. My husband has two brothers that are pretty much the same ages as my sisters. His middle brother has a wife, and they are having a baby this summer. My dad died in 2016 from a lung illness, my mom is still fine.

I love painting, writing, drawing, photography, reading, listening to, and making music and cooking. I will probably mostly talk about these things a lot on this blog. I'm obsessed with cinema, I like almost every genre, and I watch movies all the time. One of my favorite dates is going to the cinema with my husband. I obsessively collect media just like everyone these days. I watch a lot of YouTube as well, too much lol. I also LOVE video games, I am mostly into story- driven titles (*cough* Dragon Age *cough*) but I also play some MMO's.

Also, I really love D&D and Warhammer and general fantasy. I also love fashion (although I am not a fashionable person..) I love the colors pink, silver, mint green and lavender. I love sweet and soft aesthetics, but I have dressed in all black since I was 12. I am in a process of trying to change my style and add a little color.......but I still mostly wear black.

I love animals very much! I try to be as involved as I can with animal rights. So I know this might turn you off from this blog instantly, but I try to be Vegan and cruelty free. I swear though, I am not a judgmental asshole. I might try to touch on this later, but not in this post. Also i'm not so into PETA, I think they do some good, but mostly they seem insane to me.

I also wanted to make this blog a safe place to share my experiences dealing with, mental illness, addiction, and disordered eating. I do NOT want this to be a majority of the blog, but it is unfortunately a part of my life, and I found reading blogs from others with the same condition I have was very helpful to me. I will try to keep it as light as I can, but there will be triggering and upsetting content from time to time.

I want to do what I used to on my LiveJournal most of the time, talk about art and media I enjoy. I am also getting older and I want to document my life as best I can, but I probably will just do that in broad strokes, I have a paper journal that I write more private details in.

I know no one will probably read this, but I felt it was important to have a beginning.


No comments: